5 Negotiating Tactics That Could Kill A Sale! Roanoke Realtor
Negotiation is a delicate art in real estate, however, skillful Realtors will find some common ground that satisfies all parties. On the other hand, using the incorrect negotiation techniques will sink a deal pretty quickly. Here are some negotiation techniques buyers (and real estate professionals) ought to avoid:
1. lowball offers: Making an offer way below market price can damage your credibility as a buyer and may be insulting to the seller. the seller has a price point mind that they’ll settle for, and if you’re not even approaching the low end of that price, they won’t even consider the offer.
2. incremental negotiations: Don’t continue to return to the seller with tiny increases in your offer ($1,000 or less). The constant back-and-forth will can grow tedious and lead the seller to think about alternative opportunities.
3. “Take it or leave it”: strive to not draw a line in the sand with your initial offer. the seller will get defensive and contemplate alternative offers if you instantly show that you’re unwilling to budge. even if it’s true, don’t make a show of it.
4. nitpicking after the inspection: clearly, if the inspection reveals a significant issue, it ought to be factored into the final sale price. however, demanding a lower price for each minor repair will place negotiations in a stalemate.
5. requesting more, more, more: Some buyers can request that the sellers add add-ons like furnishings or appliances that weren’t included within the listing. try and avoid giving the seller a reason to create hostility and assume that you’re being greedy.
Roanoke Realtor/Team Leader
The Jessee Realty Group/RealStar Reltors, LLC
Search Homes Now: http://www.thejesseerealtygroup.com/
Also visit us on:
Licensed In VA